Pubs and Bars
- Castle Tavern up which is well recommended for its food and real ales.
- MacGregor's specialises in local craft beers and traditional live music (at the far end of Academy Street)
- Black Isle Bar & Rooms which specialises in pizza and local beer (from the Black Isle Brewery and elsewhere).
- Hootananny in Church Street. A very popular venue with regular live music.
- Johnny Foxes - this pub offers live entertainment in the evenings and serves good bar meals all day.
- Rose Street Foundry - pub food in Academy Street
For an award-winning 5 Star dining experience, you can dine Chez Roux at the Rocpool Hotel. The restaurant offers Scottish ingredients with a French twist. Founded by Albert Roux.
The newly opened 5 star Ness Walk hotel has a restaurant and you can also get afternoon teas.
- Artysans is a social enterprise working with local produce, offering breakfasts and home baking. Situated in Strothers Lane between the bus station and railway.
- The Rendezvous Cafe on Church Street is a local establishment, previously a record shop and dance hall.
- Comfort Foods is a cafe and deli in Church Street.
- Nourish is a vegetarian organic cafe in Church Street. Winner of 'Best Vegetarian Establishment' in the 2015 Food Awards Scotland.
- The Hidden Gem cafe at the Spectrum Centre has light bites and is just by the bus station.
- Inverness Botanic Gardens cafe is known for its delicious cakes and scones.
Many pubs in Inverness have regular live music sessions with local bands and musicians all year round.
- Hootananny / Mad Hatters (Church Street) - including ceilidhs on a Saturday afternoon.
- MacGregor's (bottom of Academy Street)
- Gellions (Bridge Street)
- Johnny Foxes (Bank Street, overlooking the river)
- Encore Une Fois (in Young Street just over the bridge)
- Market Bar (Church Street),
- The Tooth & Claw (tucked away in Baron Taylor's Street),
- The Dog House (opposite the post office in Queensgate)
- MacNabs at the Columba Hotel on the river has live music on Saturday nights in the summer.
- The Glenmoriston Hotel (Ness Bank on the riverside) has music at weekends in the bar.
When live music events are permitted once again, these sites will show you what's on: